Church History

In 1969 the Federated Church of Bristol (which was formed in 1947 when the Congregational Church and the Methodist Church united) and the Community Church of Bristol (which was once the Universalist Church) combined to form the United Church of Bristol.

The services are held in the former Universalist Church Building on County Road #2 in Bristol, NY.  This area is also referred to as Baptist Hill.  This year (2012), we celebrated our 150th Anniversary of the building.

The congregation is made up of a mixed group of faith backgrounds.  Many denominational roots can be found among the current members.  Our current minister, Rev. Thomas “Tim” Hamlin, gives sermons with traditions of all in mind.

Historical Roadmap (click here)